Shameless-Self Promoting filled the August Meeting Room
North La Crosse Business Association members were told to come ready to shamelessly self-promote, and they did not disappoint.
Here's some fun “betcha didn't knows” from fellow businesses helping grow the Northside.
- Who helped bring the flashing beacon medians to protect people crossing Copeland to get to the park? The Lower Northside & Depot Neighborhood Association
- Which neighborhood group also covers the north side of La Crosse? The Logan Northside
- What is the Northside's only grocery store? Festival
- Who recently opened a neighborhood center in Boot Hill Pub? La Crosse Park & Rec as a senior center and more.
- Who helped bring all the fishing tournaments this summer to town? Explore La Crosse (La Crosse County Convention & Visitors Bureau)
- How can you get in front of the college students with your part-time job openings? Send your business name, contact information and positions to Neal Zygarlicke at the Chamber of Commerce.
- Which Caledonia Street business makes a product that has won many awards? DNA Vintners for their wine.
- Which bank takes pride and is extra engaged on the Northside? River Bank
- How many businesses are inside The Coulee Region Business Center, a business incubator on the Northside? 17
- How many times has Mark Jewellers moved within the same 1200 block of Caledonia Street? 4
- Which business sells welding supplies throughout Wisconsin, most of Minnesota and northeast Iowa out of their Northside location? Mississippi Welders Supply
- The owner of which northside company said, "We like shows that are bawdy, adult, sexy"? The Muse Theatre
- Which 17-year La Crosse Footwear occupant also has a nonprofit that gives back to the community? Pearl Street Brewery and Sprout for Kids Foundation
- Which Northside restaurant's multi-generational roots are proudly displayed in their 30-year-old name? Pogy's Catering & Pogreba
- Which media company on the Northside spins out a lot of vinyl? Lamar Advertising
- What Northside church is the only member of the NLBA because he sees the connection between businesses and his members? The Northside Community Church
- Whose name, humorously, came up several times as the reason they joined the NLBA? Dan Kapanke with The La Crosse Loggers